Saturday, January 14, 2017

Sidelined by Sorrow


2016 was a roller coaster year for our family. We had a huge blast of sadness when my dear sister died after a brief but fierce battle with cancer.

Eff cancer.

When she knew her time was short she gathered all of us together in small groups 
and told us she loved us.

She also asked that we love each other.

Well, of course we love each other, you might say, but she said,
"Love harder."

Because at the end she reminded us that love is the end all and be all of our years here on God's earth.
And if there is anything we could do to improve our lives, then loving more and loving well and loving better is the answer.

So here you go, Leetle Seestar. 

Losing you has done a number on my heart.
 Like an illegal tackle after the ref's whistle in football, grief is a shock 
and a blast and a black hole and it is just not fair.

But there it is.

I'm slowly reclaiming life after being lost for months in a cave of shadows.
Getting back to blogging.
Getting back to painting.
Getting back to writing.
Getting back to creating the projects which spark in my head.

But also, loving harder.
It's what my sister would want.

Life turns on a dime, folks. 
While losing her greyed my days I found that slowly
sunshine was coming back to my soul.

Because the family welcomed a new baby girl in November.

And now we'll have a new grand baby this summer.

Count your blessings.
And Love Harder.

Big Nancy Love, my people.






  



1 comment:

  1. So truly,truly sorry for the loss of your sister! Love harder, indeed! Blessings! Michele in Salem

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and read every one. They let me know if I'm on a good track with my blog. Thanks for stopping by!

Book Page Christmas DIY

Most of you have figured out I am a color freak with an obsession  for turquoise, red and cobalt blue.  However, I also obsess about ...