Saturday, November 28, 2015

White and Silver and Gold Decor On My Baker's Rack

LOTS of photos to this post!

I love to restyle my baker's rack several times a year. I don't have a fireplace or mantel and this is what I have, so I make the best of it.

First I shop the house.....


I grab several of my "a" shapes and add them. 
Then I add some of the silver and gold damask books I've restyled to look old and vintage.


The lighted lantern with wax paper frosted glass always stays on the top shelf. 

Here's the DIY.

The metal tree has been repainted many times for weddings, Christmas and birthdays. This time it is white.


I also collect framed mirrors. This round one is perfect for the space. I added a mercury glass owl and glittery skeleton key with a pair of glass candlesticks. I made the primitive star garland from tea stained card stock.


I did not realize how many milk glass pieces I have until I started putting this together.
The book page covered "a" is one of my favorites! Here is how it was made...


More milk glass and the silvery blingy decor ball 
that is one my first blog diy projects from five years ago.



Spray paint for the bird cage and ribbed vase made them perfect for this display.


A cereal cardboard "A" covered with glitter scrapbook paper turned out so cool! A weathered whitewashed birdhouse sits on a restyled damask book.
Here's how it was made...

   

I love how this white and silver and gold display turned out. 

NEXT, my autumn decor baker's rack!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and read every one. They let me know if I'm on a good track with my blog. Thanks for stopping by!

Book Page Christmas DIY

Most of you have figured out I am a color freak with an obsession  for turquoise, red and cobalt blue.  However, I also obsess about ...