Friday, March 13, 2015

DIY Chair Planter Four Years Later

There are lots of chair planters out in Pinterest land that are newly made. Did you ever wonder how they hold up in the garden thru many seasons? 


 Here's what I started with in 2011. This dining chair finish was peeling and the seat and joints were loose. It was the perfect candidate for a planter project.


 Serendipity! The seat comes off on it's own!
I sorta sanded it to knock the loose bits off and dry brushed it with white latex paint.


Here she is that first year in my garden. Ooh aah! 

I love the combination of golden yellow creeping jenny and mini viola. Add some of my garden art balls and I'm a happy garden lady!


Yup, this project was a winner all the way!

Four years later she looks like this....


I added the old man planter and a swipe or two of turquoise paint from my deck project. She's holding up really well and that square seat hole is perfect for changing out the different flowers and plants each season.

When did "that chair" become a "she?" 

The instant she went from chair with no seat to shabby chic chair with gorgeous plants!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and read every one. They let me know if I'm on a good track with my blog. Thanks for stopping by!

Book Page Christmas DIY

Most of you have figured out I am a color freak with an obsession  for turquoise, red and cobalt blue.  However, I also obsess about ...