Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Little Red Shelf For My Craft Room



I bought this little flea market shelf years ago and as I pondered storage for my studio I saw that it would be a neat addition. I knew it would be a nice shelf for jars and storage, once I restyled it.


These are the colors of my craft studio redo, with a bit of black and white thrown in the mix. I already had several turquoise shelves, so I chose to go with red this time.

And I'm very glad I did! Here's the little shelf in it's restyled glory with a gloss red finish and Mod Podged shelf. Flowers punched out of the same paper style it up and also adorn the pretty glass jars.

Even after using Orange Glo, WD40 and acetone, the labels still left sticky residue on the jars, so I decorated them with torn book pages, rosettes, yo yos, buttons and more punched flowers, using hot glue.

I layered on bits of lace and sealed it all with Mod Podge. I like it. I like it alot!


And here she is on my work table along with my other handy tool holders. I love that bright spot of color. I'll keep it there until another spot calls out for a nice pop of red.


Another bit of blue would have been nice but boring. That little red shelf is just right.

As for the rest of my studio redo, it's coming along nicely. I'll be posting a few of my other storage projects as I go along plus a full reveal when it is finally finished.

I'll be posting this on the parties in my sidebar. Come check them out, you'll see lots of creativity out in blogland!







5 comments:

  1. The red is a great choice! Such zing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute!!! I love the whole theme of your blog. I love to reuse and repurpose found treasures. Thanks for sharing your ideas.

    Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks more like a boutique than a craft room. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how sweet! My kinda of colors.
    Happy Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use GOO-B-Gone to remove sticky labels- and a lady told me to use the heat gun(like you do embossing) and hold it at an angle and the labels come right off-be careful, that heat gun can get very hot. This lady was working in her store and she said that is how they remove all of the labels on their products.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and read every one. They let me know if I'm on a good track with my blog. Thanks for stopping by!

Book Page Christmas DIY

Most of you have figured out I am a color freak with an obsession  for turquoise, red and cobalt blue.  However, I also obsess about ...