Friday, October 28, 2011

Americana....and a Rooster in my Etsy Shop


I love the look of vintage Americana and have come up with designs using the patriotic flag theme. I use a variety of techniques to make these paintings look old and vintage including crackling, dry brushing and lots of layering. I've sold many of these and have these few left for my Etsy shop.

They are painted on cabinet doors which have a natural "frame" so they don't need anything extra.

The accent stars and Liberty are painted with gold metallic paint. It looks like burnished vintage metallic brass to me.


Some have no lettering at all but have extra detail, like the gold stars and narrow gold stripe outline on this one.

I really like all the red on this one. I may pull it from my store and keep it for myself!


You can't have Liberty without Freedom, eh? I love the primitive vintage look of these paintings!

My favorite red one is getting the most looks, but not as much as this painting....

...yup, this colorful primitive style Rooster is getting ALOT of views. Who knew he'd be so popular? Lol. Maybe I should do a whole series of rooster and chicken paintings?

Check out my Etsy shop for details and while you're there take a look at all the muslin and burlap pillow covers I've listed. They're shabby chic, sweet and vintage style all together.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and read every one. They let me know if I'm on a good track with my blog. Thanks for stopping by!

Book Page Christmas DIY

Most of you have figured out I am a color freak with an obsession  for turquoise, red and cobalt blue.  However, I also obsess about ...