Friday, February 25, 2011

I BOUGHT a wreath!

Yes, ladies, I actually paid money for a premade wreath, already gussied up and pretty and ready to go. BUT, in my defense, just look at this gorgeous thing! I fell in love with succulent wreaths a couple of years ago and vowed to make a real live one someday and I've looked and looked at the fake ones.....that started at $39.99! Even the Wal Mart version started out at $29.99! Then I saw they'd been marked down to $19.99. Still a no go on my mini budget.....



....and then I saw the clearance price for this wreath was finally down to $10.00! I could actually handle that price and I grabbed that puppy up and toted it home. Of course I couldn't leave it alone and added a few more bits of mossy rock and a feathery faux fern or two and my favorite paper dragonfly, but still, ten buckaroos. This made me smile and smile!


So I put it atop my enormous glass hurricane I'd filled with decor balls and vine balls and a glittery dragonfly and monkey's fist knots and pine cones and driftwood....I love how the wreath and hurricane with all their lovely textures looks against the muslin curtains in that corner. Just looking at it makes me feel spring is in the air, because outside the other window it doesn't look like spring at all, it looks like this.....

Yes folks, 25 degrees and 2 inches of new snow this morning. It's so beautiful and so cold!
Winter is not giving up without a fight around here! Hopefully it will melt this afternoon. Hopefully spring is rushing this way as we speak. But in the meantime.....

Ooh aah. Ten dollars well spent, I think. Until it's green again outside, I'll take my greens anyway I can get them! Hope you have a little bit of springtime hopefulness sprouting in your house this season. Bless you!

6 comments:

  1. I would have bought it too:) It is really so pretty and earthy. I love how you have it hung:) Have a great weekend:)
    ~Debra xxx
    Capers of the vintage vixens

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it...great find!! I love how the new additions and accessories turned out. We have had some warm weather here lately, I will try to send it your way. I have to say, I just found your blog and you are already an inspiration...as a new follower, I will enjoy keeping up with you and your successful fight. Thanks so much for visiting my new blog and commenting...I REALLY appreciate it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you found some spring for indoors! 25 degrees??? We've been spring like here for over a week...I'm starting to wonder when we'll be hit again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the wreath...but OMG..Love the view, holy cow...beautiful....blessings to you
    julie
    lifeatfirelake.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE YOUR BLOG ! It's raining in Holland, I'm in pyama yet and I'm reading your blog for the first time, 2 (TWO !) hours I'm reading, laughing about your text and your bargains and the jar with crochet yam ! You have a new fan, tomorrow I must find cheap glue. Greetings from the Netherlands, this is a great sunday morning with your blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous wreath...and totally worth it for $10! You couldn't buy your own plants for that much. Enjoy.
    p.s. I wish we had that much snow here!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and read every one. They let me know if I'm on a good track with my blog. Thanks for stopping by!

Book Page Christmas DIY

Most of you have figured out I am a color freak with an obsession  for turquoise, red and cobalt blue.  However, I also obsess about ...