Sunday, December 5, 2010

Lovin' the blue.....

Of pretty blue cobalt glass!


Donna at Funky Junk Interiors is running a little party in addition to her big Saturday Night special party titled, "Non gift things, what do you love to make or have in your home you love?"

Here's a link, http://funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com/2010/12/sns-59-brings-you-your-favorite-things.html

Well, Donna, that would have to be blue glass, as you can see from my header.I love blue in my house and garden and in addition to manufactured gazing balls, have made my own blue ornaments from blue half marbles and different size glass globes.




The Welding Man made me this baker's rack years ago and I've loaded it up with all kinds of glass, some of it true cobalt, most of it just "true blue." If it looks good, I stick it up there.

I also have glass shelves in my corner windows stuffed with the stuff. I love the glow of the sunlight through all that blue anytime of the day.


Even our "million dollar view" is improved with a bit of blue, isn't it? And here's what Insanely Creative Christy did for me this year for Christmas, in that corner window with all the blue glass...
And just recently I've run into a few pieces of true green and true red glass, and you just know I had to have them. Methinks I may soon need a bigger house, lol!

Thank you, Donna, for hosting your fun parties and letting us all share in the fun.

11 comments:

  1. I always love seeing your blues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful collection! And it looks like you have a great view from your home. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooooooooh I like the tree with the blue glass around it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will always think of you from now on when I see cobalt blue anything! Love your million dollar view! What keeps you from falling off that mountain? It's the blue gazing balls!
    Hope you are doing well and that your days are filled with warm hugs and hot chocolate!
    Tete

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's absolutely nothing like blue glass, is there! I've got a beautiful Middle-Eastern tear bottle (hand-blown) which has gorgeous curves - it's displayed on our fireplace with 2 Harveys Bristol Cream blue glass bottles, a Chinese incense burner and some fav pebbles, and a small stoneware vase. Blues and stones! Lovely.

    Love what the Welding Man made too! Good for him!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ann, this was a fun post--I also love cobalt glass and have my Dad (he's a picker) on the search for more. Come and join my link party on Vintage Pollyanna! I'd love to have you! http://vintagepollyanna.blogspot.com/2010/12/tell-me-tuesday-link-party-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful BLUE collection...thanks for sharing!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, when I saw that view I just had to find your profile to see where you live! No wonder!!! I'm in Northern Calif, but spent summers near Lake Tahoe, and it looks very similar!

    Love, love, love the blue. Spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I knew I liked you:-) That blue glass is one of my favorite things too...I don't have but a few pieces, but it's dreamy to me. I hope you are having a wonderful Christmas time and are feeling well! Best, Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm hoping you are just so darn busy making beautiful things, decorating your wonderful home, baking cookies and just loving life!
    I miss you and hope you are not down in bed or on the couch!
    Hugs and prayers- Tete

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love blue glass too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and read every one. They let me know if I'm on a good track with my blog. Thanks for stopping by!

Book Page Christmas DIY

Most of you have figured out I am a color freak with an obsession  for turquoise, red and cobalt blue.  However, I also obsess about ...